Thursday, July 5, 2012

Coney Island Hot Dog Sauce

It's hot dog grillin' time!  Here's a recipe for a great sauce to go on top of those dogs.....and don't forget the coleslaw.   :)

Coney Island Hot Dog Sauce

1/4 lb. ground round
1 1/2 C water
1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
1/4 C sweet pickle relish
1 TBSP chopped onion
1 TBSP prepared mustard
1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
2 to 3 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt 1 tsp sugar

Cook meat in a large skillet over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble meat;  drain.  Add water and remaining ingredients to skillet;  stir well.  Bring to a boil;  reduce heat and simmer mixture, uncovered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Yield:  about 3 cups.

Swaps:
King's Court 4
We are That Family
 Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
Raising Homemakers
A Wise Woman Builds Her House



3 comments:

  1. MARCIA, This is such a great recipe. I love a good gourmet hot dog! Having a hot dog cook out is on my list of things to do this summer and this will be on the menu!!!

    Please join me at StoneGable for ON THE MENU MONDAY, my weekly foodie/recipe/menu linky party. Linky goes live every Sunday night at 8:00pm. Hope to see you and your recipes there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marcia,
    Oh my I remember getting this sauce on the Coney Dog's that we used to be able to have. I can't wait to make up this sauce for my next Hot Dog Cook Out. Hope you are having a great holiday week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coney Island brings back childhood memories for me. Thanks for linking to My Meatless Mondays.

    ReplyDelete