Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Traditional Dump Cake-and My Version

I don't know why, maybe it's the onslaught of dieting commercials and dieting talk in January, but I have been craving desserts, lately. I'm not usually one who eats a lot of dessert; pure chocolate is my weakness-the darker the better! But, Dana is happy with this predicament because I've made Snickerdoodle cookies and Peach Dump Cake this week. Ben, my 16-year-old, is just happy because I made potato salad and pepperoni bread this week for after-school snacking (he doesn't eat lunch because of the lines).
I thought I would share the Dump Cake recipe today. I know that it's a recipe that's made the rounds in recipe circles, but I thought perhaps some of my beginning cooks out there might not have it. It's easy, delicious and quick.

Traditional Dump Cake
"G'ma" Jean Sloan, Park Avenue Church of Christ, Charleston, WV

1 large can crushed pineapple
1 large can cherry pie filling
2 sticks butter (or margarine) melted
1 pkg. yellow cake mix (original kind)

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In 13x9" pan, dump cherry pie filling; spread evenly. Dump pineapple on top of pie filling; spread evenly. Dump yellow cake mix on top of fruit. Pour melted butter over all. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour (or until golden and done in the middle). Serve with vanilla ice cream.

I make this, but instead of cherry pie filling and pineapple (not hubby's favorite) I use 2 cans of blueberry or 2 cans of peach pie filling. It turns out just the same-Delicious!!

***"Jesus knows me-this I love!"*** Happy Wednesday to all of my readers!

Please join me at these great swaps today:
-WeareThatfamily
-DiningwithDebbie
-Thethriftyhome
-Turningbacktheclock

3 comments:

  1. We love this dump cake especially topped with vanilla ice cream! Thanks for stopping at my blog! I love meeting new people =)

    Tammy @ Tammy's Book Parlor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article here and the tips are very comprehensive. For sure many entrepreneurs with small and big businesses are going to benefit from this. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom used to make this often but with an addition of pecans. When I submitted it to a local cookbook, the name was changed. "Dump" cakes just didn't fit the criteria:) Whatever it is called, it's such an easy and delicious dessert. Come join me for Crock Pot Wednesday this week if you can.

    ReplyDelete