Thursday, January 20, 2011

Broccoli Stuffing Bake

Last weekend we were out shopping and got hungry. Luckily we were near a Cheddar's restaurant! It's one of the places that we enjoy eating out; good home style food and the prices are reasonable. One of the sides I selected was their broccoli casserole. My expectations were not running high, most vegetable casseroles in restaurants tend to be dry or overcooked, but I was pleasantly surprised. The broccoli was tender and it had enough cheese on it. When I fix broccoli casserole at home (which isn't very often-the majority here like it steamed with salt and butter) this is the recipe that I pull from the files (think I got it from Aunt Hazel).

Broccoli Stuffing Bake

2 C milk
2 C sharp American cheese
4 beaten eggs
3 C herb-seasoned stuffing mix (I use Pepperidge Farms or Stovetop)
1 (10 oz.) frozen, chopped broccoli, thawed

In a sauce pan, stir together milk and cheese until blended; remove from heat. In a mixing bowl gradually stir hot mixture into eggs. Add stuffing mix, broccoli and 1/4 tsp salt. Mix well. Turn mixture into greased 1 1/2 qt. casserole. Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 45 min. Makes 6-8 servings.

I'll be at these swaps today:
-LifeasMom
-Prairiestory
-MotherofPearlitis

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I love broccoli and casseroles. :) Thanks for joining me for Tasty Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! I love broccoli anything.

    ReplyDelete