Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Toscana Soup


The recipe for today is a potato soup that's popular at Olive Garden Restaurants. My friend, Genie is well-traveled and has lived many places (army wife!), and she got this from a local newspaper column years ago (in California, I believe). The food column was one that retrieved recipes from restaurants to share with its' readers. Some reader had requested the recipe for the potato/sausage soup made popular by Olive Garden. If you make this at home, it's very good, but you won't have those glistening, buttery, Olive Garden garlic bread sticks to go with it!


Toscana Soup
Olive Garden Restaurants

-Heat oven to 300 degrees. Bake 3 links Italian sausage on jelly roll pan for 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and cool; cut into 1/4" slices.

-Cook 3/4 C chopped onions and 1 slice bacon, diced, in saucepan over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes.

-Stir in 1 1/4 tsp minced garlic and cook 1 minute.

- Add 1 can chicken broth, 2 C water and 2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer for 25 minutes (until tender).

-Stir in 2 C thinly-sliced fresh kale, 1/3 C heavy cream or whipping cream and sausage. Cook 5 minutes. Makes 6 servings.


I will be at these swaps today:

BlessedwithGrace
CuisineKathleen
Raising4Godlymen
Allthesmallstuff
weareThatfamily
Krazykitchen
Kellythekitchenkop
DiningwithDebbie
BeautyandBedlam.com

3 comments:

  1. MMMMM. I love Toscana Soup. My mouth is already watering. I can't wait to try this out!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make this recipe often and it is soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is too weird! I saw this post at WFMW and had to click on it. I've had that recipe forever and made it on Monday.

    It's so good! I didn't add the kale because I didn't have any. Next time I will. In fact I think I'll heat the leftovers up for lunch.

    ReplyDelete