Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Seafood Casserole has Shrimp and Crab Meat


I have several things to do today since we have out-of-town guests coming next week. I'm trying to plan some make-ahead dishes, so check out my menu for those next Monday. I've found that casseroles are always handy if you need some entrees that can be made ahead of time. Here's one for seafood that I want to try.

Seafood Casserole
Ms. Peggy G. Swansburg, Fort Sill, OK

1 small onion
1 C celery, chopped
2 C shrimp
2 C crab meat
1 1/2 C mayo
1/2 tsp salt
Dash of pepper
Dash of Worcestershire sauce
1 C buttered bread crumbs (or crumbled Ritz crackers)

Mix the above ingredients and cover with the crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 min. or until bubbly around the edges.


***Tomorrow I'll have a yummy and unique way to fix tuna !***

I will be at these swaps today:

BlessedwithGrace
Gypsy'sCorner
BeautyandBedlam.com
AlltheSmallStuff

6 comments:

  1. Can you hear my tummy grumbling? That's what I get for reading over a seafood recipe after skipping lunch!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shrimp, crab, I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has YUM written all over it:) I can't wait to give it a try. Come join me for Crock Pot Wednesday:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments! I agree, if it has shrimp and crab in it, how can you go wrong?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! a casserole without cream of anything in it!! My milk allergic son is going to be doing the happy dance along with the rest of us!!

    ReplyDelete