Monday, March 22, 2010

Menu Planning with What I Have


As any smart cook will tell you, this is not the best week to do big shopping at the grocery store 'cause there's a major holiday coming. That means that I'll be waiting another week before stocking up on all of those grocery specials and ham! This week will be "use-it-up and clean out the refrigerators" week. I've already done a visual scan of the 3 refrigerators and freezers (yes, 3! It's a long story) I have incorporated fresh produce; bits of leftovers; and meats that are being thawed from the freezer into the plan. I've got ripe banana's on the shelf so, to everyone's delight, there will be homemade banana bread (see the new recipe I found for making it with baking mix, in a previous post). Here we go with my plan:

Monday, March 22

Baked Cod Loins w/ Old Bay seasoning
Hash Browns w/ Onions
Lemon Pepper Squash
Pan-roasted Carrots


Tuesday, March 23

Blueberry Pancakes
Turkey bacon


Wednesday, March 24

Homemade Vegetable/ Campbell'e Chicken Noodle Soup
Grilled Cheese on Wheat
Jello w/ fruit (and banana bread)


Thursday, March 25

Tuna Noodle Casserole
Cabbage
rolls


Friday, March 26

Cheese Tortellini w/ Marinara
Tossed Salad
Brownies


Saturday, March 27

Jimmy Dean De-Lites sandwiches

Vegetable Soup
Sandwiches


Sunday, March 28

Grande Nachos
Salad


I will be at Orgjunkie for MPM today!

3 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to pick up a cheap ham next week.

    Have a yummy week.

    ~Robin

    p.s. Come check out the giveaway I have on my blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty much my plan as well, need to make room for some cheap hams. I didn't know that Cod even had loins, learning new things all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't love mexi and a one pot wonder to boot.

    ReplyDelete