Thursday, March 4, 2010

Fruit and Coconut Add to this Rich, Delicious Cake!


The cake recipe that I'm posting today is just a rich, dense cake that is moist and full of flavor. I first enjoyed it at a friend's home, and asked about the ingredients, because it was so different. I always regretted not asking for the recipe in full. Then, a few years later, I happened upon the recipe in a collection of community recipes in a book. I was happy to finally add it to my recipe box. The friend who first served us this cake, put a scoop of ice cream on the side, but that's purely optional; this dessert can stand on its own!


What's It Dessert
Ms. Grace Keeler, Lawton, OK

1 large can sliced peaches, drained, reserving juice
1 No. 2 can crushed pineapple, drained
1 package yellow cake mix
1 C coconut
1 C chopped nuts
3/4 C reserved peach juice
1 1/2 sticks margarine, melted (I like butter)

Pour first 6 ingredients into a 12 3/4 x 9 x 2" pan in order listed above, ending with the peach juice. Spoon melted butter over all. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour.


Hope you have a wonderful Thursday!

I will be at these swaps today:

LifeasMom
JoyofDesserts

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is "Dump Cake." I first saw this recipe about 20 years ago on TV, and later realized it was a very traditional vintage recipe. I've seen people "dump" it into their crock pot, too. :-) Great addition to Vintage Recipe Thursday, Marcia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried one of these "dump cake" recipes! I'm going to have to give it a try, one of these days. :)

    ReplyDelete