Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Dinner in a Dish: Swiss Ham and Spinach Bake


I'm moving fast this morning: beds made; kid #3-to-school; post office drop-off; people fed on-the-run breakfasts; jeans in dryer; refrigerator in kitchen cleaned out and dishes done. Whew! I've had my juice and now I'm blogging! I have Ladies' Class today and a class to teach tonight, so Wednesdays are always busy. (If you have ever noticed on my Monday Menu, Wednesday's dinner is never anything very involved, or hard to clean up after.)

The theme this week continues! Here's an interesting way to fix ham and spinach. You know that in the not-too-distant future, most of us will have leftover ham goodies to use. So here we go with today's recipe:


Swiss Ham and Spinach Bake
Oklahoma Natural Gas Company-Dinner in a Dish pamphlet

1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach
2 TBSP margarine
2 beaten eggs
1/3 C milk
2 TBSP chopped onion
1 TBSP chopped pimiento
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp dried basil, crushed
1/8 tsp salt
6-8 slices diced boiled ham or smoked pressed ham (1 C)- (I say, "leftover baked ham!")
1 C shredded Swiss cheese
Canned French fried onions, optional (I say, "These sound like a must-have ingredient!"

Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well (I press it between paper towels). Stir in margarine until melted. Combine eggs, milk, onion, pimiento, mustard, basil and salt. Stir in ham, cheese and cooked spinach. Pour mixture into a buttered (Pam-sprayed) 10x6x2" baking dish. Bake in a 350 degree gas oven (electric can be used) for 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted just off-center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle French fried onions atop, if desired. Makes 4 servings.


I will be at these great recipe swaps today:

WeareThatfamily
KrazyKitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment