Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dinner in a Dish: Potato Pepperoni Supper


Here's my final post in this theme. This sounds like a delicious combination of a potato casserole and pizza, two items that most people love! Please join me tomorrow when I review one of the cook books from my shelves.



Dinner in a Dish: Potato Pepperoni Supper
Oklahoma Natural Gas Cooking pamphlet from 1950's

Cooking Spray
4 TBSP margarine
5 large potatoes (2 1/2 lb.) unpeeled, cut into 1/8" slices
1 small onion, diced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 pkg. (8 oz.) tomato sauce, divided
1 pkg. (3 1/2 oz.) sliced pepperoni
2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges

Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray. Over medium flame (heat), in skillet, melt margarine; Remove skillet from flame. Arrange potatoes and onion on bottom and slightly up side of skillet; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover skillet; over medium-low flame, cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle potatoes with cheese; top with 1/2 can tomato sauce; arrange pepperoni and tomatoes over sauce; top with remaining sauce. Cover skillet; cook until cheese is melted and tomatoes are heated through. Makes 6 servings.


I will be at these swaps today!

LifeasMom
JoyofDesserts

2 comments:

  1. Appreciate the simple dishes. I just want to say that I use today's but I subsitute the pepperoni with smoked sausage. Good either way.
    Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "My new gas range dresses up the whole kitchen." :-)
    This was a good series of posts from your '50s pamphlet. Enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete