Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Holiday Cranberry Tea in the Crock Pot


As soon as the month of October is here, I am thinking about the up-coming holidays. I bought the items that I need today to make an Oreo Dessert that looks like a graveyard. It will have Redi-Whip (I found the new Cool Whip in a can) ghosts and Pepperidge Farm Milano gravestones. I will also be making Rice Krispie Treat Eye-Balls!

While looking through the holiday recipes and ideas that I've cut out over the years, I found this recipe for a warm beverage. The recipe says that you can make it in a Dutch oven on low heat, but I think a crock pot would be perfect and free-up your stove top space.

Holiday Cranberry Tea

One 48 oz. cranberry juice cocktail
1 C firmly-packed brown sugar
1 C orange juice
1 C lemonade
1 C pineapple juice
3 to 4 (3") cinnamon sticks

Combine all ingredients in Dutch oven over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally; 10 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Serve warm.


I will be at DiningwithDebbie's Crock Pot Wednesday today!

1 comment:

  1. With the holidays coming up, this would be GREAT!!! THANKS!!! Geri

    ReplyDelete