Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fat-Free Sugarless Granola


We had a great turn-out at the Buffalo Auction today. It's held at the Wildlife Refuge in the Wichita Mountains. The weather was nippy and the wind made it feel even cooler, but we were grateful that it was not raining! Thanks to all of the wonderful volunteers, we served a lot of hungry people in a short amount of time (served lunch from eleven until noon).

That's where I've been today, and the reason that I'm posting a little later than usual. Just bear with me. Here's something interesting from my clippings, especially if you're like our family; we go through lots of granola bars as snacks.

This recipe is one that I found in one of the old sticky-film-type photo albums that I've re-purposed to store some of my recipe clippings that I want to try. This recipe is printed in what looks to be Aunt Sis' writing.

Fat Free Sugarless Granola

2 C rolled oats
1 C Grape Nuts Cereal
1 C wheat germ
1/2 C dry milk
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 to 1 C water

Mix dry ingredients together. Add vanilla to water and mix in. Spread in shallow pans (non-stick type). Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Lower heat to 225 degrees and continue until cereal is dry. Stir occasionally. Drying time is approximately 2 hours. Sweet and Low or Splenda Brown Sugar is good to add if you want it a little sweeter.


I'll be at these swaps today:
LifeasMom
JoyofDesserts

2 comments:

  1. delicious! I love using cinnamon and vanilla together in granola... makes you not miss the sugars :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohoh gonna try this :)

    ReplyDelete