Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Housework-One Thing Leads to Another


You know how it is when you start your morning with a big project, and then one thing leads to another? Well, it's been one of those days for me. I got up early this morning with the intention of cleaning up "dog presents" in the yard before Dana mows it. That led to watering my plants under the old swing set and pulling weeds. Then, as I watered plants on the porches, I noticed a few weeds peeking through in the landscaping, so I got them, too. While I was cleaning up the beds, I noticed some huge tree-like "demon weeds" growing up around my rose bush, so I got out the garden shears and whacked 'em (sounds like an episode of The Sopranos!) By this time, I'm all sweaty (oh that's right..."Southern women don't sweat, they glow!" I love that saying.)

After the yard work, I decided to come inside to cool off and have something cold to drink. Another plan that I had for today was to change my vacuum bag and vacuum the living room while I had help moving the furniture (Ben was home). We lugged all the heavy furniture to the middle of the room and I did that project. As I sat on the couch for my 5-minute break, I noticed that the plantation shutters had gotten very dusty since my spring cleaning. I thought to myself that it was the perfect time to reach them with the ladder since all the furniture was out of the way.

Before I started this task, I got out the ladder, my micro-cloth and my can of Pledge Clean and Dust. I love that product; I have allergies and I find that it really does help trap the dust and not scatter it.

So here I am at 2:00 in the afternoon and Just now chatting on my blog. It's been a busy morning. I started out with one project in mind and that turned into several projects. It seems like once I get started with one thing, I look around and see four more jobs that need done. Just one of those days, and as usual, all household projects take longer than expected because the dog is at my every step "helping"!

No comments:

Post a Comment